Nicholsons Solicitors has provided legal services based on integrity and trust for more than 125 years. With offices in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, we are a prominent Queensland law firm with strong foundations in property law, commercial law and litigation.
Our strata law team has more combined depth of knowledge and experience in body corporate issues than any other firm in Queensland. Andrew Suttie leads the team and practices exclusively in strata law. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers, a Fellow of Strata Community Association (Qld) and was awarded the SCA (Qld) President’s Award in 2019 for his outstanding leadership in the strata industry. Andrew’s commitment to the strata community led him to act as Director of SCA (Qld) from 2012 – 2016 and he was the former chairperson of the legislation and policy committees for both SCA (Qld) and SCA (National).
We can assist with:
- Conciliation and adjudication applications at the Commissioner’s Office
- Applications at the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Contractual disputes between bodies corporate and building managers
- Levy collection
- Reviewing and drafting caretaking and letting agreements
- Assignments of management rights
- Variations of management rights
- Building defects
- Reviewing and drafting by-laws
- Preparing new community management statements
- Enforcement of by-laws
- Exclusive use and occupation authorities
- Leases, licences and easements
- Dispute resolution.