Connect with us:

Electricity Relief Payment

The Queensland Government is providing a $300 million Household utility assistance package to all Queenslanders during the COVID-19 crisis. This is in addition to the Government’s asset ownership dividend package, worth $100 million, and will see households and small businesses receive a one-off utility payment to assist with electricity and water bills.

Any eligible household or small business that has an active electricity account will receive a GST exempt one-off amount of either $200 for households or $500 for small businesses.


What do residents need to do?

The utility assistance package has been made available to account holders including those in embedded networks. If you currently have an active account set up, you do not need to do anything. The credit will be applied to your account automatically by your electricity supplier.

If you have not set up an account for embedded network supply, you will need to contact your utility billing administrator to complete an application form to ensure the credit is paid to you in a timely manner. If you are an ARC client, you can apply online via our website and select the online application form.


What do committees need to do?

If your Body Corporate is part of an embedded network, your utility billing administrator will need to submit a claim on behalf of the Body Corporate, which has been completed for all ARC clients.

If you haven’t been notified that the claim has been submitted on behalf of your Body Corporate, you should contact your utility billing administrator to confirm that the claim is to be been made for your building and will be applied to residents accounts.


By When?

We anticipate the credits will be applied to accounts over the next few months and will have the reference “Qld Govt Relief Payment” on your invoice, for ARC clients.

For more information please visit the Queensland Government Website, which can be accessed here.


This article was contributed by Adam Ford, Partner – ARC Utilities Management

Leave a Reply

  1. Bruce Wilson

    I am a unit owner living outside Qld.
    My unit is holiday let.
    Does this relief package for electricity apply to me?
    Thank you