Established 20 years ago, Mahoneys is an independent law firm offering a wide range of property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution services.
Body corporate lawyers
Mahoneys dedicated body corporate team acts for some of the largest bodies corporate in Queensland, and is one of the only full service body corporate law firms. This means we can act for bodies corporate on all their legal needs – including day-to-day advice, body corporate and management rights transactions, and disputes.
Who we act for
Our clients include:
- Bodies Corporate
- Lot owners
- Strata Managers
- Resident Managers
How we help our clients
Our dedicated body corporate team – led by Todd Garsden and Ben Seccombe - is made up of industry leading lawyers with experience in providing body corporate advice, transaction support and dispute resolution services.
Key services we provide our body corporate clients include:
- reviewing, amending and documenting community management statements and building management statements
- reviewing, negotiating and documenting common property amalgamations, subdivisions, leases, licenses and sales
- advising on general body corporate matters, including:
- debt and levy recovery
- lot entitlement issues
- by-law reviews and enforcement
- legal and regulatory compliance
- planning and environment matters
- procedural and governance issues
- noise and other community living issues
- employment and workplace relations
- general BCCMA and BUGTA advice
- advising on body corporate building defects, including:
- the legal obligation to consider a building defect review
- what documents the developer / builder should hand over
- the body corporate's rights and obligations
- lodging claims against the builder and with the QBCC
- reviewing, negotiating and documenting management rights agreements, remuneration reviews, assignment and variations
- advising on body corporate disputes and disagreements, including:
- caretaker performance
- commissioner's office disputes
- defamation in bodies corporate
Supporting the industry
Mahoneys are active members of the Strata Community Association of Queensland (SCA) and regularly present at SCA, Australian Building Management Accreditation and other industry events.
We regularly share our knowledge and experience with clients and industry stakeholders through newsletters, published articles, webinars and body corporate manager training.
Contacts us at email@example.com or 3007 3777 if need any assistance with your body corporate, would like to be added to our mailing list, or would like to receive some training.