The Queensland Government has announced on Saturday that South East Queensland will have their restrictions extended for 7 days. SCA (Qld) recommends members follow the advice as per the Queensland Health website. The extended restrictions only apply for the following Government areas
- Moreton Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast
- Lockyer Valley
- Scenic Rim.
Townsville and Magnetic Island will have their restrictions eased as planned as of 6am Friday 16 July.
Impacted Areas (South East Queensland)
For members in impacted parts of South East Queensland (Brisbane, Logan, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim), restrictions on masks and capacities will be extended:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor settings outside of your home, except when eating or drinking or undertaking vigorous exercise, or in your private vehicle. Masks are required outdoors unless you are alone or with members of your household, including on common property. You must carry a face mask with you at all times, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Private gatherings: 30 people maximum including residents, visitors and children. The body corporate must encourage physical distancing to the extent reasonably practical. Gathering is not defined as transiting common property.
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 4 square metres. Smaller venues (200 square metres) can operate with 1 person per 2 square metres up to 50 people
- Outdoor settings: 1 person per 2 square metres.
- You must be seated when eating or drinking and SCA (Qld) recommends to apply this to common property.
Rest of Queensland
As of 6am Friday 16 July, Townsville and Magnetic Island will be under the same restrictions as the rest of Queensland as per the requirements below:
- Indoor restrictions: 1 person per 2 square metres
- Private gatherings: limited to a maximum of 100 people
- If you have been in South East Queensland since 1am Tuesday 29 June you must carry a mask and wear it whenever you are outside the house (excluding vigorous exercise or when eating and drinking)
Strata Community Association (Qld) has created template signage for managers for pass on to their committees to publish on common property.
Read the full restrictions on the Queensland Health website. here